Monday, April 27, 2009

Of fussiness and customer service

The customer service is impeccable over here. If you don't like something that you bought, or you just believe that the product you purchased doesn't live up to the hype or standards, you can just return your item. When you return your item, some of the shops might ask as to why you are returning their product, but even if they did, they would ask in such a nice way to not offend you.

Different scenario, this actually happened in Petaling Street. My brother saw a guy from Taiwan who had just purchased a bootleg/haram DVD. Upon inspection of that DVD, he noticed that the bottom of it had some scratches that might affect the viewing quality (not that he should expect much viewing quality from a bootleg DVD) - so he decided to return it. But the Taiwanese made one fatal error, he already gave the dealer his cash. The Taiwanese argued that he wanted his money back while the dealer wanted to give the Taiwanese a different DVD. Their argument escalated, and soon enough the dealer was already out of his stall, preparing for a fist fight to ensure.

What happened to the Taiwanese guy? I dunno. My brother couldn't care less and had left the place.

Scenario two, I go to a fast food joint where you can choose your sides. A guy who was in line before me ordered two bowls of dishes. While ordering, he asked that "extra black beans" be placed in the second bowl, which was for his wife. The server placed in two giant scoops of black beans into that plate as ordered. But the guy who is married to the "wife that loves black beans" knew better, he asked that an additional scoop be added. So the server placed in another giant scoop. While still in line the wife jumps in. She takes a look at her plate, and as you may imagine how my story would go, she asks,"can I have one more scoop of black beans?". The server adds another scoop for the lady.

Seeing this I accidentally laugh cause I was thinking that this girl must love her black beans and that her husband knows it. She took it the wrong way though and decided to give me the "stare".

Like ooooo I'm so scared. Lady, I have a buzzcut. And I'm Asian. Your husband must think I know kung-fu. So back off.

No comments: