Friday, April 10, 2009

I am Runner

So tomorrow morning I'll be running the 5k race in Champaign and Urbana, IL. All these "Mat Sallehs" are so strong and determined when they run. I don't know if I'll be able to go into the top ten 10% as I initially planned... but who knows. Teringat aku dulu kat Jalan 3 when I had the stamina of a Kenyan runner, now all I have is 168 pounds of dead weight and the "all talk no show" facade I portray in the office.

I just came back from the sports center here at the U of I to collect my shirt and my chip. The chip will track how fast I go and how much time it'll take for me to complete my 5k race. There's supposed to be 10,000 people running tomorrow. All of them in various events - marathon, half marathon, relay, 5k, youth. I didn't actually count how many were running in the 5k, I'm assuming around 1500 to 2000 people.

The guys in the office say I won't be able to complete 5k in under 30 minutes. Haha. Time to prove them wrong :)

1 comment:

SHiKiN said...

yeayyyy u did it!!