Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Neverending...

I know how some of you guys thought that after college you wouldn't have to ever take an exam again. You thought about how magnificent life would be that you didn't have to learn endless texts of materials, that you could finally get a full eight hours of sleep and that you wouldn't need to drink coffee anymore. All of the exam anxiety would just drift away when you graduated... right?

Wrong.

Not for you actuaries. Not for you graduate students. Not for you doctors. Not for you accountants. *insert other jobs that still have examinations* All of ya'll are screwed.

I am 24 going to be 25 and I feel like I will be taking exams forever. The anxiety will never wither away. There will be days that I have to wake up early, get my morning Gatorade and start revising my articles. And that vicious cycle will continue on forever until the day I die.

An exam is the best analogy of pain that I can think of. You know how life is more interesting when you can feel pain?... That's a lie. Screw that. That's what your mommy tells you to cushion you when you were down at a moment or that you're a loser. You think those fat Sheikhs in Arab land are complaining about how good their oil money is? I don't think so.

On a side note, I'm predicting that people from Brunei and all the Arab nations are going to be useless in the future once they lose their oil. A country is great because of its education. From my observation and understanding, those countries (today) don't invest in their children's education (the children there are spoilt little brats too) and it's only a matter of time before they render themselves useless.

Prove me wrong.

1 comment:

Adilla said...

Nope. Not graduate students. Hahaha.

Even when I'm done, I will always be stuck reading AND writing endless texts of materials until I retire.