Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Danger

Have you guys ever watched Million Dollar Baby? If you haven't, then you should. It is really really extremely awesomely good. Based on the shows that I have recommended to my friends and family, for example - Bolt, Gone Baby Gone, Definitely Maybe, Good Will Hunting, Equilibrium - to name a few, you guys should expect me to be a good 'recommenderer'.

Anyways, the show is beside the point. What I want to talk about here is a character named "Danger" within Million Dollar Baby. Danger is basically a loser. He has the coordination of a person on crack and he is as thin as a stick. In the show he thinks he's extremely talented in boxing, and if given the opportunity to fight anyone he thinks that he could take out that opponent.

Of course, Clint Eastwood as the manager of the boxing gym knows that Danger wouldn't be able to fight anyone and survive. So, under his supervision and Morgan Freeman's supervision, they never allow Danger to go one-on-one (sparing) with any of the other gym members.

OK now I'm going to sidetrack for awhile.

If I were a character in Million Dollar Baby I would definitely be Danger. Except in the real world I am not trying to box but I'm trying to run a 5K run and kick people's asses. All the years of staying unhealthy and eating loads of crap have made me weak and lethargic. In fact, today I got outran by a midget when I was jogging by the lake (true story).

My co-workers are Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman. They know my limitations and have told me not to get my hopes up too high. Of course they are encouraging, but at the same time I'm sure they wouldn't want me to drop dead while running. One of my co-worker's mom is also running in the 5K run that I have joined. And I'll tell you guys now, if I like get whooped ass by my buddies mom I think a little piece inside of me is going to die.

Back to Danger....

He gets beaten up really bad by someone in the gym when Clint and Morgan weren't there. What will happen to Adam "Danger" Johari? On April 11th you'll know.

2 comments:

njahmat said...

eyh! i think you sama doh dengan this guy, he was from USC (southern california) now working in Penang. his blog but nak dekat2 sama dgn urs, adam! http://syamsulhasran.blogspot.com! hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Whoaaaa. How dare you samakan I ngan some other guy from Penang. I hate Penang! Grrrrrr. Ezamil I know you don't read my blog... but I really do.

I think I'll start spiffing up my website....

Adam