Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Obsessed with pillows

What kind of person spends a fortune on a pillow?

For years now I've been sleeping on the most horrible pillows that man has ever seen. The pillows I've had were ugly, unreliable, no resistance, no neck support, no curves. My neck would hurt in the mornings. Every time I wake up I'd be cursing my pillow for rending me awake yet still tired.

Unlike my wife who has been using her trusted pillow (bantal busuk) for the past decade, I have had no luck when it came to pillows. Calling it no luck wouldn't be accurate though. It's more to like I didn't realize how important a pillow is for my sleeping. Until a few months back...

I thought that that problem of not having the perfect sleep would go away once I bought my 'new' pillow last March. The pillow cost 40 bucks. (40 x 3.2 = 128 ringgit). A hefty price right? Apparently no. That's not even one of the good brands for a pillow. The forty dollar pillow didn't even get me down feathers in the inside. Instead, I only managed to get a synthetic down pillow for that amount of money.

The 40 dollar pillow was used everyday until today. I got fed up with it. The support was terrible. I woke up tired, just like before, but this time I had the guilty conscience of spending 40 dollars on a pillow that didn't deliver results. Alas, I went back to Bed Bath and Beyond to return the pillow...

I'm back in my apartment with my new pillow now. I added more money to the already expensive pillow for a better one. I've spent a fortune on a pillow. How dumb.

1 comment:

SHiKiN said...

no amount of money can buy you a bantal busyuk like mine...haha