Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tak kenal maka tak cinta

I don't need to see the British version of The Office. There's no rule out there that says that if I enjoy the better version of the two - the American Office - that I would need to see the British version as well so I could at least compare the two.

However, the fact remains, that I am a true gentleman. Such forth, I shall watch the British Office and at least try to 'hear it out'.

Actually, one of my co-workers who is British (hah! she's biased) keeps on saying that the British version is way better. She rallied up all the guys in the office and made them turn against me. When I asked her to give me proof that the British Office is better than the American Office, she said,"I'll prove it!! I... I.... I dunno how to.... Bah.. I'll prooooveeee it!!!". Days went by when I waited for her to show her "proof". "Uuuuuu, you're gonna prove it like a theorem aren't you!?", I taunted.

Today, I heard her usurping support on how the British Office is better than the American Office from the kitchen with the other guys. That sly woman. Rallying her supporters behind my back eh? She should know that I have ears of a jungle cat, and of course, that I sit right beside the kitchen. People who know me know that I love to eavesdrop. After I barged in and accused her of treachery, mutiny, and the like, she took out her blasphemous weapon, which was in the form of DVDs.

So she gave me her British version of The Office DVDs to borrow. Time to watch this measly performance of trying to be funny version of the real one and only The Office.

6 comments:

Faizal Rosly said...

musim depan merupakan musim terakhir michael scott. bagi aku jika tiada michael tidak lengkaplah the office. tetapi ada ura-ura yang mengatakan ricky gervais sendiri yang akan menggantikan steve carell....tapi mungkin mereka patut tamatkan sahaja with a bang :(

Anonymous said...

aku rase kalau diorang nak ganti michael scott diorang cuma boleh gantikan dia ngan tom packer! haha. tapi tu ah. baik tamatkan je terus. go out with a bang!

adam

Anonymous said...

What you are about to embark on, my friend, is a whirlwind journey of love, hate, sympathy, antipathy, joy, sadness, fear and relief. One of the few seminal works of genuine comedy of our time, pushing the boundaries of all that we mistakenly consider to be mildly humorous, the English office sets the standard that I fear will not be reached by another of our meager generation. The concept, the script, the ideas, the patience, the character development - all
culminating in what can only be described ad a work of pure genius.

The American version is a poor-man's version, it's an inadequate hommage to the great show.

Anonymous said...

Who wrote this? Rob? Peter? One of you guys? I know it's one of you two. Hrmm, I'm assuming it's Rob. Cause I can see Peter working from where I sit and unless he alt+tabs really fast there's no way he wrote that comment.

Adam

Anonymous said...

Team British Office here!!According to me that show is the 'real thing' much like the coke/ pepsi claim. You might be interested to know that Steve Carell is leaving the show soon and maybe... just maybe... he'll be replaced by Ricky Gervais. How ironic, huh?

Kay

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.