Saturday, June 27, 2009

The End?

I know education should be never ending. That I should thirst for knowledge till the end of my days. But formal education is taking a toll on me. I've already left university for two years now, failing two actuarial exams on the way, and right now I have no idea when I'll ever be finished with the exams.

Last Thursday the results for exam 7 and 8 came out. The passing rate for the CAS exam is around 40%. The passing rate for Milliman CAS people? 100% right now... so far. We've been told that the exam results are to be released between last Thursday till this Tuesday.

I expected the results to come out on Friday. I waited anxiously. I could barely get my work done on Friday; anticipating, praying, butterflies flying angrily in my stomach. The results are released between 2pm and 2.30pm. Between that time all the students (and for some, their spouses) will refresh the CAS website till the pages upload slower creating a sense as if the CAS website administrator is uploading the results.

The results did come out on Friday. But not mine. They only released the results for course 3.

I'll have to wait till next week.

UPDATE
I failed course 5. Everyone else in the office passed. That makes it 7/8. I was the only one out of 8 people who failed. I screwed everyone out of the steak dinner.

No comments: