Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The other side

One of my buddies asked me after a skinny blonde chick with enormous boobies, or should I say bigoobs passed us by as we were walking down the street... which one is hotter - blondes or brunettes?

By the way he was asking right after a blonde chick had just passed by, I knew that his answer to his own question was blonde. I'm sure he was expecting me to say blonde as well, wanting my affirmation of the widely publicized impression that blondes were indeed hotter, wilder, crazier, sexier, more tanned and all the good stuff put together compared to brunettes... but sadly no, I had to disagree with the preconception I had to his question, I have always had a thing for brunettes.

"I'm into brunettes man"

"What?? Why?? Dude blondes are like Lamborghinis. Brunettes are like.... that car over there" *pointing to a shabby Honda covered in snow.

"I know man. I'm probably the only South East Asian who prefers brunettes. You'd always expect people to like things that are unique/rare to their common world."

******

As mentioned above, I believe that most people would prefer things that are not common. For example, in Malaysia guys like white skinned girls. The whiter the better. *All the brown girls are frowning now*. But at where I am now, a place where everyone is pretty much too white, every guy is trying to nail a brown chick. Hence the reason why all the girls are so crazy about frequenting the tanning saloon.

Another example, people here love the sunshine. Forget how hot it is outside, the people look at the rays of sun and they smile, splash some sunscreen on themselves and start running on their flip flops towards the field. In Malaysia? You'd see the girls, and some arboks (kawan Zul haha) using an umbrella to shield their white pastel looking skin.

Liking the rare is common.

But not me. Nope. I've always liked brown skinned ladies. Brunettes? Yummy. Brown eyes? I don't mind. Banyak bulu tangan? Maybe not.

AJ does not follow the herd.

No comments: