Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Aliases and Blogosphere

The intreresting thing about online aliases is that people can't attack your personal status. Everything written down on your blog, website, etc are of their own merit, standing on their own two feet. The shrouded mystery of your alias, "Is he a big shot?", "Is he a kid?", "How much does he make?", "How credible is he?", "Where does he get his information?", "Why does he derive that conclusion?", can't be traced back. Which makes things exciting for the few talented bloggers out there who are able to write with finest.

Another interesting thing about these blogomagicians is that they can act like a "Johnson" aka Dick and get away with it. No one knows them. They can be totally emotionless in their writing, down right brutal at times when they want, say the things that they wouldn't normally say in real life, and have no consequences tied back to them. Sounds opportunistic for people out there who can write well?

With the eclectic choices of controversial topics that are out there they can have a stand, don't have a stand, or even offer a different alternative to the typical stands that the average person takes. For instance, look at the controversial topic that I talked about last time. JMD and Kijang Mas have their points of view as well on the matter (totally different from mine). Except, in my case, my friends can come to me and tell me that I'm too liberal or have not been a good Muslim for my opinions.

I find it interesting how this blogosphere world works. My friends who are anti government always says... "Owh you know Adam, back then we didn't have the internet, so the government was able to control the media and we didn't know anything back then!". False! Dungu. Even when the government was able to influence some of its own media *ehek* Utusan *ehek*, but the government wasn't able to influence certain types of media like that of Harakah, and that Chinese newspaper that's written in Chinese and I can't even recollect the name.... Sin Chew something? What about all those protesters (would've been nice if the FRU beat the crap out of em) who marched to the street during the economic crisis in support of your sacked leader Anwar? I'm sure they were pretty well informed of how to destroy our beloved country.

The conclusion of this entree? There isn't as always. I hate writing conclusions. I'd rather have you come up with your own conclusions.

No comments: